[rhelv6-beta-list] Missing images/boot.iso on DVD

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 23:18:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Simon Matter (simon.matter at invoca.ch) said:
>> Is there a good reason why images/boot.iso is missing on the DVD image? It
>> has always been useful to boot systems without DVD drive and then doing
>> the NFS install method.
>
> It took up space on the DVD image for no good reason. It's now provided as
> a separate image.
>
> Bill

It was very handy to be able to download the checksummed and verified
DVD image, and to include in hand all the tools network installation
of various environments. This was particularly handy for VMware setups
(where local ISO storage space might be tight but useful for
installation from a network bootable image) or hardware without DVD
drives (such as industry legacy hardware).

I am glad that the excessively large number of installation CD's are
being avoided, through, thank you.