[rhelv6-beta-list] Downloading with jigdo woes

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Aug 13 01:01:26 UTC 2010

I have tried to download directly from RH using jigdo.

All goes well until the end where jigdo-lite complains that it couldn't
get six files. All are called "repomd.xml"

My guess is that someone regenerated those files after creating the DVD
image with the result that the jigdo files are next to unusable.

I imagine that all I need do us to unpack the packages etc someplace and
run createrepo imaginatively.

Can someone confirm this is so?

Can RH improve its publishing procedure? It's my view that jigdo beats
the torrent any any other download mechanism (except maybe rsync) hands
down.

--

Cheers
John