[rhelv6-beta-list] RHEL6 Mailserver packages

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 23 14:54:24 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org> said:
> No, RHEL doesn't include clamav, etc.  Is Red Hat unaware that there are like... viruses... that people get in their email... that mostly affect one of those other families of Operating Systems?  I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that they do seem to be aware that there is spam and they do include spamassassin.  Thanks Red Hat!

Frankly, having run Clamav in the past, IMHO it isn't enterprise-level
software.  It needed constant attention, they intentionally broke old
versions at the drop of a hat, etc.  Red Hat would have to just about
dedicate one (or more) people to managing Clamav in RHEL.

The package set in RHEL is what Red Hat thinks it is economical to
provide to a wide base of customers.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>