[rhelv6-beta-list] My first experiences with RHEL6 beta

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Jun 15 17:21:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6/15/10, Justin Clift <justin at salasaga.org> wrote:
> Hey Bryan,
> Do you have any interest in writing up stuff for the RHEL 6
> official docs?

I think how to leverage dmsetup or lvm for the absolute maximum
efficiency on a single disk might be a tad eccentric and overkill
for documentation.  Especially since things get rather system-
specific.

In all honesty, I should have _not_ entertained my most recent
response.  But I just wanted to point out, "well, if we're going
to go there," especially after LVM was discarded (when it offers
so many advantages, with DeviceMapper).

> Reading through your post, I'm thinking probably the (new)
> Storage Guide or perhaps the Storage section of the
> Virtualization Guide (which I'm working on).

Sure.  Actually, when it comes to virtual memory tuning and storage
layout, I could comment on a lot.  We've run into some details and have
come out with some "best practices" when it comes to LVM, lvm.conf
(and multipath.conf), etc... when it comes to virtual machines too.

> Open to more interesting suggestions too of course, as well
> as offers of proof reading. ;)

Contact me off-list.  ;)