[rhelv6-beta-list] My first experiences with RHEL6 beta

Brobald Vincent (DTSBE) VINCENT.BROBALD at dexia.com
Wed Jun 16 10:17:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

In the lvm world, you can simply do a pvcreate on your new disk, a
vgextend to insert it in the volume group, a pvmove to migrate your
datas, a pvremove to suppress you old disk, and then an lvresize -r to
extend your logical volume and filesystem...

Can be done online without any downtime (just an impact on
performances).

Regards.