[rhelv6-beta-list] The minimum hardware requirement to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a 32-bit, x86 CPU with PAE support.

John Haxby jch at thehaxbys.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 22:13:43 UTC 2010

On 16 June 2010 21:08, Grant Williamson <traxtopel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect one user case scenario would be EL6 Live USB. If I were
> travelling and using this, I would hope it would boot from most hardware.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find something that boots a USB that doesn't
also have a PAE-capable BIOS and processor.   I know of one laptop that's
about five years old now (a Toshiba thingy) that doesn't do PAE -- much to
everyone's surprise -- and that was a BIOS limitation, not the processor.

jch