[rhelv6-beta-list] cyrus-imapd - missing or unsupported in RHEL6?

Georger Araujo georger.araujo at gmail.com
Sun May 2 00:52:15 UTC 2010

Open source is all about choice! It's a good thing to have more than one
option: ext4 or XFS, Gnome or KDE, PostgreSQL or MySQL, Postfix or qmail...
Cyrus IMAP is the IMAP server of choice for eGroupWare [1], a popular
groupware suite in Germany. It's also the IMAP server of choice for Expresso
Livre [2], a groupware suite that is beginning to gain serious momentum in
Brazil. Not a surprise, since Expresso Livre is a fork of eGroupWare.
Also, SLES ships it. People migrating from SLES+Cyrus to RHEL+Dovecot have
more work to do - IMAP server migration can be a real pain depending on how
many servers and mailboxes you have.

[1]
http://www.egroupware.org/index.php?page_name=wiki&lang=&wikipage=Dependencies
[2] http://www.expressolivre.org