[rhelv6-beta-list] Any ideas about possible release date of RHEL6

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 12 12:58:14 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 07:08:46 am Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Dear lord, with the fun I had last year yanking someone kicking and
> screaming off of their RedHat 7.2 installation, I wouldn't be too
> wildly concerned about long-term stability past 2014.

I know of a client still running Red Hat Linux 5.2 in production.  No, not Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2; Red Hat Linux 5.2, 12 years old now.

They're looking to upgrade to CentOS 2.1.  Yes, CentOS 2.1; they have a binary
application that requires some really old libraries to run (libc5, anyone?)
and it's a mission critical application and.... oh, and it's not Internet
connected.

The RHL 5.2 box just runs; all that one can ask of it, that's for sure.