[rhelv6-beta-list] SystemTap status

Marco Shaw marco.shaw at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:40:11 UTC 2010

I'm just wondering about the status of SystemTap in RHEL6.  From what
I can remember, it was considered a preview in RHEL5.

One thing I've always wondered about is how people are using it...
>From what I remember when I tried it, you needed to load a whole bunch
of extras to get ST support.  All those extras didn't make much sense
on a production system (with a decent security process of removing all
the extras like compilers and assemblers, etc.).

Is ST just something you use to troubleshoot problems in a lab environment?

Marco