[rhelv6-beta-list] Problems installing RHEL6

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Wed May 12 13:13:51 UTC 2010

I'm trying to install RHEL6 beta on a dual Opteron (252) system with an
nVidia based CK804 motherboard. The graphics card is an nVidia FX1400

The first problem is that when the graphical installer starts, the
screen is corrupted - this also happens with the 'basic' video driver
install option. It is then not possible to continue with the install.

Text mode does work, but then the installer fails to find the hard
disks. The machine has 2 WDC WD740GD SATA disks using the on board CK804
SATA controllers. The sata_nv module is loaded.

The machine currently has CentOS 5 installed and the disks work fine.

Are these known issues? Are there any workarounds?

Or should I report these issues to bugzilla?

Thanks

James Pearson