[rhelv6-beta-list] gui config files want non-root user password

I configured a couple of things on my desktop install yesterday, and
noticed that when it needed authentication to do something it wanted my
'regular user' password rather than the root user password (like sudo /
Ubuntu). When I saw it asking for authentication I entered the root
password the first time and when that didn't work I looked closer and
saw it wasn't asking for root, then when I entered my regular user
password, that worked.

Since I'm used to Fedora and CentOS, I wasn't sure if this was
something new and expected behavior, or if it's possibly a bug? I
noticed it in system-config-services, system-config-firewall and in the
add & remove software gui application.

Lastly, I was told there's not a package system-config-nfs when I
tried to yum install it -- is that by accident or design?