[rhelv6-beta-list] Setting KVM defaults

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:13:21 UTC 2010

Hi all

I've just started playing with RHEL6 BETA and KVM with a view to
migrating our RHEL5 XEN boxes over.

I've found that by default, KVM on RHEL6 uses IDE for guest hard
drives and rtl8139 for the guest NIC.  I know I can change at least
the NIC at install time but I want to change the defaults.  I'd like
to get to the point where all guests use the PC block and NIC drivers
as well as all guests getting the 'EvTouch USB Graphics Tablet'
without intervention.

Can anyone advise do to go about this?  I've googled and had a look at
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Virtualization/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Virtualization-en-US.pdf
but haven't found how to do this as yet.

TIA

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369