[rhelv6-beta-list] Apache benchmark RHEL 5 vs. RHEL 6

Kurt Keller kkathag at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 07:19:11 UTC 2010

Virtualization might well play into it. While we didn't see big
differences on bare metal, the behaviour of RHEL5 and RHEL6 as xen
guests on top of a RHEL5 xen host was drastically different: muuuch
slower performance of RHEL6 for stuff which uses the disks a lot
(package updates, compilation, ...). Didn't investigate the problem
any further as we're not planning to use xen outside of RHEL4/5/6
kickstart development.

So you might want to rerun your tests on bare metal or some server
virtualization product.

Cheers,

Kurt