[rhelv6-beta-list] Wireless associates but cannot access internet

Marco Shaw marco.shaw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 19:02:16 UTC 2010

> Actually, evolution was not installed by default so I presently do not
> have functioning email on the laptop.
>
> I was able to register using the gui RHN app.  However, the package
> manager cannot download repo data and yum.repos.d is empty so I have not
> been able to install from yum
>
> Therefore, at least the package manager is also effected. And, if it was
> just a browser issue, why would it work with a static IP using eth0
> interface?

OK, not just a browser issue, but an application issue. ;-)

The fact you can ping IPs and names from a terminal session indicates
your network connection itself appears fine.

Very odd 2 different versions of RedHat are doing this...  I would
point to the glibc level, but I'm not sure what else there could be at
this point.

I'm sort of at a loss...