[rhelv6-beta-list] Problem with 2 interfaces on the same network with rh6 beta2

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:13:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:

> Maybe you need to disable the arp replies on other interfaces..
>
> as a default Linux replies to arp request on *any* interface,
> ie. on a wrong interface on this case..
>
> -- Pasi

Hi,
can you tell what are the parameters to change, please?

I tried set to 1 the parameters for eth4 and eth5 taht are the cards involved...

net.ipv4.conf.ethx.arp_announce and net.ipv4.conf.ethx.arp_ignore

so that I have this config:

[root at testrh6 ~]# sysctl -a|grep arp | egrep "eth4|eth5|all" | sort
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_accept = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_notify = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.proxy_arp = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.arp_accept = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.arp_announce = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.arp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.arp_notify = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth4.proxy_arp = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.arp_accept = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.arp_announce = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.arp_filter = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.arp_notify = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth5.proxy_arp = 0

Should this be ok? because it is not working (while in 5.5 it works..)
Thanks,
Gianluca