[rhelv6-beta-list] rhel-6 final

Mark Watts m.watts at linux-corner.info
Mon Sep 13 12:21:00 UTC 2010

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Chris Kloiber <ckloiber at ckloiber.com> wrote:
>> Heh...
>>
>> This question brings back memories for me as I used to work at Red Hat. The
>> stock answer is of course... "When it's ready!" B^)
> And it's still a very bad answer. I'm having real trouble scheduling
> testing resources for RHEL 6 beta without a release date to show it's
> worth being ready for.

It's the same answer that was given for RHEL5, and probably the same as
was given for previous versions.

Whether you think its "bad" or not is irrelevant.
If your company believes it needs to test RHEL6 then you can either test
the Beta and deal with the minor changes vs release or you can wait for
release and do your testing then.
Or you can simply continue to deploy RHEL5 like the rest of us - after
all, RHEL5 isn't going to disappear overnight once RHEL6 is out and I'd
personally be wary of any products based on RHEL6 at least until 6.1 is
out since those products will not be well tested.

Mark.