[rhelv6-beta-list] RHEL 7 - NetworkManager Hates Me

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Jan 13 19:02:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM, RDH <Robert.Houk at oracle.com> wrote:
> What I have done/to do in Fedora is basically kill NetworkMangler
> and fall back on the old network service ...
> You've done all this? ...

I've done this in Fedora and RHEL6 for some time, and RHEL7 seems to
work just fine.  Just remember that "NM_CONTROLLED=no|false" setting
to keep NetworkManager from claiming it.

I've actually had few issues with using static entries, even Bridges,
with NetworkManager in newer Fedora, and it seems to work with RHEL7.
I think the big deal is to use NetworkManager and let it up for you,
than try to modify things outside of it.

I haven't extensively attempted VLANs in NetworkManager though.

-- bjs

--
Bryan J Smith - UCF '97 Engr - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith
"In a way, Bortles is the personification of the UCF football