[rhelv6-beta-list] RHEL 7 - NetworkManager Hates Me

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 22:47:12 UTC 2014

Rip out NetworkManager for all servers. Save yourself enormous time
and effort, and stabilize your network configurations. It still does
not do KVM bridging, pair bonding, or management of jumbo frames
correctly.

NetworkManager has also, from day one,  ignored every single guideline
of Eric Raymond's guildeline on open source GUI's, "The Luxury of
Ignorance". It's so busy displaying its wonderful and exciting
paradigm shifts that it's actually confusing to find the limited set
of operations a normal admin actually wants. It has a few uses with
wireless control and VPN control, but those are not appropriate on a
production server.