[rhelv6-list] rhel6 xenU on rhel5.5 domU - live-migrate between minor CPU revs

Rich Graves rgraves at carleton.edu
Wed Dec 1 18:15:37 UTC 2010

Details dumped to bugzilla 658720. It could be something else. It's also conceivable that a newer kernel on the dom0 could help, but I can't easily take that downtime for 2 weeks.

This will be an interesting transition. I've got about 60 rhel4 and rhel5 guests, but have a short-term need for 2 rhel6 hosts. For at least the next few months, inability to live-migrate is not a critical problem... and even that could be mitigated by starting rhel6 guests on the newer host, allowing exactly one migrate per reboot.