[rhelv6-list] disable shadow in kickstart?

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Mon Dec 6 14:10:17 UTC 2010

Kevin,

Kickstart just calls the authconfig command, so any switch from the
authconfig command will work in kickstart. I've also found that
'authconfig --help' shows different options than 'man authconfig'.
'authconfig --help' shows that there is a disable option for shadow,
which is not listed in the man page:

$ authconfig --help | grep shadow
  --enableshadow, --useshadow
                        enable shadowed passwords by default
  --disableshadow       disable shadowed passwords by default

--
Prentice