[rhelv6-list] LDAP and Samba question

Peter Ruprecht ruprech at jilau1.colorado.edu
Thu Dec 9 18:48:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate a setup that worked fine in RHEL 5 on a new
RHEL6 server.  I need to set up samba to get authentication and other
user info from a local openldap directory.

But, I can't for the life of me get ldap to load the samba.schema file
(part of the samba rpm).

Here's part of my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file:

include         /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/duaconf.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/ppolicy.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/collective.schema

and the samba.schema file is where it should be:

# ls -l /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 20221 Oct 13 10:38 /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

But when I start slapd I see in its log that it reads all the include
files except samba.schema.  I hope I'm just doing something dumb; maybe
one of you has a quick guess what that might be?

Thanks!
Peter Ruprecht