[rhelv6-list] rebuilt package not showing selected for update

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Dec 10 20:04:14 UTC 2010

On Friday, December 10, 2010 02:08:55 pm Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] wrote:
> Thanks... I don't want to walk that road :)

I *did* say it was the nuclear sledgehammer of packaging.... :-)

As to release comparisons, IIRC, and it has been a while since I've reviewed it, the two releases are C locale (ASCII, essentially) compared.  So f9>f10 for a straight ASCII compare.  But this may have changed in the interim since I last needed that information.  See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Package_Versioning