[rhelv6-list] rhel6 xenU on rhel5.5 domU - no console

Rich Graves rgraves at carleton.edu
Fri Nov 12 20:07:49 UTC 2010

I installed rhel6-server-x86_64 as a paravirt domU on fully patched rhel5.5, using virt-install. It runs fine.

But "xm console" doesn't work for me. What simple thing am I missing?

xm create -c displays only:

  Using config file "/etc/xen/rhel6".
  Started domain rhel6
  PCI: Fatal: No config space access function found

It never gets a login prompt (after many minutes of waiting, with some CRLFs sent). When the guest shuts down, I see "System halted." Otherwise, nothing comes out of the xm console.

I searched bugzilla and saw no complaints, but some hints that it was working for other people during the beta period.
--
Rich Graves http://claimid.com/rcgraves
Carleton.edu Sr UNIX and Security Admin