[rhelv6-list] If I used sssd, do I still need nslcd and/or nscd?

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Nov 18 21:31:08 UTC 2010

On 11/18/10 4:13 PM, Don Hoover wrote:
> I am working with sssd to handle all our ldap stuff now that GA has proper support for ldap_auth_filter in it.  I used pam/nss_ldap on RHEL5, and setup nslcd ldap for the RHEL6 beta and got it working.
>
> I just wanted to make sure I am correct in that the use of sssd means you should not use nslcd or nscd as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Don

Hi,

If you have the time sssd is worth it.  You don't need nslcd.  Also nscd
and sssd can not coexist so stopping or removing nscd is required.
(however removing it requires also getting rid of nss-pam-ldapd and
ipa-client as they are decencies if you have them installed).  sssd is
great so far thank goodness someone killed nscd finally and it is great
news that they will support it on RHEL 5.6 it sounds like.

Thanks,
derek

--
---