[rhelv6-list] openSwan, IPSEC, and RHEL6

Pittsburgh Filmmakers Institute digital at pghfilmmakers.org
Fri Feb 4 16:07:11 UTC 2011

Is anyone aware of some really good, proper openSwan configuration
documentation or tutorials?  it seems RHEL6's only officially supported option
for VPN server IS openSwan, but so far there doesn't seem to be any RHEL
documentation about it aside from a list of significant IPSEC files.

Things I've already tried: openswan wiki, rhel6 security guide, red hat official
support (it seems a lot of the reps aren't terribly familiar with openSwan yet
either).

The must-have's: network-to-network connectivity between two campus buildings
both running RHEL

The nice-to-have's: road warrior connectivity for the random worker out in the
field or working from home

Other alternatives I could consider:  installing a (non-supported) rpm of
openVPN and going that route, regressing to RHEL5 and using a supported rpm of
openVPN.

--seth