[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 kernel 2.6.32-71.14.1.el6.x86_64 panic...

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Feb 16 10:55:46 UTC 2011

robinprice at gmail.com wrote :

> The test kernel urls are still there.  Once I find the RHEL6 one, i'll
> post it here.  RH is not driving any customers to RHEL clones.
>
> Here is RHEL5 for instance:
> http://people.redhat.com/jwilson/el5/

Yes, RHEL5 kernels are still here and there... RHEL6 aren't. You'll
just find pre-6.0-final kernels on people.redhat.com. See for instance :

http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/rhel6/

"Due to changes in Red Hat policy regarding release of test kernels, I
am no longer at liberty to release test kernels to the general public.

If this is inconvenient for you, please register your complaint through
whatever Red Hat support means are available to you."

This s*cks and I would encourage everyone to do what John Linville
suggests in order to try and get this policy reverted.

Matthias

Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) - Linux kernel 2.6.35.10-72.fc14.x86_64
Load : 0.05 0.09 0.11