[rhelv6-list] Problems resizing tmpfs under RHEL6

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Mon Feb 21 20:21:05 UTC 2011

On 2/21/11 1:56 PM, carlopmart wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 01:17 PM, carlopmart wrote:
>> On 02/21/2011 12:46 PM, Masopust, Christian wrote:
>>>
>>> dumb question.... did you remount tmpfs after change in fstab?
>>>
>>> christian
>>>

>> Yes, and works. But if I reboot my laptop, tmpfs uses only 50% of
>> memory ...
>>

> Please, any ideas??

The mount man page says the following:
"The tmpfs mount options for sizing ( size, nr_blocks, and nr_inodes)
accept a suffix k, m or g for Ki, Mi, Gi (binary kilo, mega  and
giga) and can be changed on remount."

If % does not work in RHEL 6, have you tried "2g" instead of "2G"?  :-)

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       Corporate Security Programs Org    . | | | . | | | .