[rhelv6-list] Replacement for /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms?

Hugh Brown hbrown at divms.uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 23 22:07:59 UTC 2011

Under RHEL5, the 50-default.perms file set file permissions on a variety
of things.  I noticed its absence in the case of /dev/nvidia*.  It used
to be that whoever logged in at the console got 0600 and ownership.
Now, they stay root:root and 0666.

What replaced that functionality?  I haven't found anything in udev.

I'm assuming that any user who can log in can snoop my X session since
rw access is available to everyone on /dev/nvidia*

Hugh