[rhelv6-list] Acrobat plugin and Flashplayer plugin forx86_64firefox - how to?

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 6 16:58:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

Currently I'm "cheating" with RHEL 6 because I'm using a 32 bit browser on
a 64 bit OS to get flashplayer. But in the future I'll be switching to a
different RHEL 6 setup. For that system I'll have to use the normal 64 bit
firefox browser so I use what the users have. I plan on using the
experimental 64 bit version of flash once I switch. I don't think there is
an rpm (yet). Its in a tarball...

The page explaining it is at:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

The URL is:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz

I'm not sure about acrobat because I just use evince and it "just works."
:)

Maybe if you install the 32 bit rpms you can run the 32 bit version on a
64 bit system?

Something like:

rpm -qa | grep x86_64 | sed 's at x86_64@i686@' | xargs yum -y install

as root to install the packages.

Cheers,

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5C Page Hall)