[rhelv6-list] kickstarting rhel6 from usb key

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Wed Jun 15 19:44:17 UTC 2011

Hi.

I'm kickstarting a new Red Hat 6.0 system from a USB key.
I've kickstarted it many times from the key in the last week, and the
USB key is recognized as sdb, and the system hard disk as sda.
However, this morning, I went to kickstart, and the USB key was suddenly
being recognized as sda which, of course messed up the process.
I tried it various times, and it continued to be that way.
I then had to leave it for a while because I was busy with other stuff.
When I came back, the hard disk is now being recognized as sda, usb key
as sdb.
What's up?  seems like an odd bug...

Jason.