[rhelv6-list] perl-Net-Telnet

GOLLSCHEWSKY, Tim Tim.GOLLSCHEWSKY at suncorp.com.au
Tue Jun 21 05:47:18 UTC 2011

It's definitely included in RHEL6:

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/perl-Net-Telnet-3.03-11.el6.src.rpm

It's available in the "RHEL Server High Availability" channels.  I'm not sure why though, seems like a pretty common package.  See "Available From" below.

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/packages/details/Overview.do?pid=587329

  Details
  network I/O, especially to a port using the TELNET protocol. Simple I/O
  methods such as print, get, and getline are provided. More sophisticated
  interactive features are provided because connecting to a TELNET port
  ultimately means communicating with a program designed for human interaction.
  These interactive features include the ability to specify a time-out and to
  wait for patterns to appear in the input stream, such as the prompt from a
  shell.
  Arch:         noarch
  Available Archs:      noarch
  Available From:       Red Hat Network Satellite (v5.4 for Server v6 AMD64 / Intel64)
  RHEL Server High Availability (v. 6 for 32-bit x86)
  RHEL Server High Availability (v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64)
  Vendor:       Red Hat, Inc.
  Source RPM:   perl-Net-Telnet-3.03-11.el6.src.rpm

Tim Gollschewsky
Unix Systems Engineer