Re: [rhelv6-list] GFS2 File System maximum size

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 11:16:36AM +0100, Krzysztof Mazurek wrote:

> What is the recommended way of doing so large FS ?

Not sure how popular I'll be now, but I would recommend looking at IBM's
GPFS. I don't think you will find any cluster-fs that's more
stable/mature and easy to set up / work with.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPFS

For HA you can use pure quorum nodes (if you have more than 2 nodes), or
quorum-nodes + tiebreaker disk if you have only 2 nodes and want to
still be up when one node is unavailable.

GPFS will stripe your filesystem over all the LUNs you give it, so you
can have many small or few large LUNs on your arrays. You can also
easily grow or shrink your fs by adding/removing LUNs without downtime.

  -jf

Disclaimer: Working for IBM, but have no other reason to promote GPFS than
years of positive experience both before and after joining IBM.