[rhelv6-list] Does usb passthrogh really works with rhel6 kvm??

Greg Cockburn Greg.Cockburn at macquarie.com
Wed May 18 22:07:30 UTC 2011

Carlo(?),

USB pass-through should work.

Things to note:
1. Make sure that a driver (module) is not attaching to the device in
the host OS, blacklist it if possible.
2. Only USB 1.1/1.0 devices are supported.  If you have a pure USB 2.0
device, it is not going to work.

You could try passing up the whole PCI USB device, but I have had little
success.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.