[rhelv6-list] Kernel memory leak?

solarflow99 solarflow99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:36:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>wrote:

> On 09/01/2011 12:20 AM, solarflow99 wrote:
>
>> Could you just use RHEL for your production server?  Its free, just
>> unsupported unless you want a paid support plan.
>>
>    Can you please point us to the "free" RHEL version ? As far as I know
> there exists only a "free for 30 days" version: you register with RedHat,
> get access for free to download a single product ( the server.iso ) and you
> also get 30 days of access to updates via RHN ; after the 30 days pass,
> access to RHN is no longer possible so you cannot obtain updates unless you
> purchase a subscription.

Thats what I mean.  I don't think there is anything wrong with continuing to
use RHEL after the 30 days, It sounds like you want access to continual
updates right?  Then thats the only advantage I can see with centos, etc.
For a production system that doesn't get updated much, maybe unsupported
RHEL can be a better choice than one of the free rhel distros.