[rhelv6-list] LVM question about filter option in lvm.conf file and persistent disk name format

Andrew Galdes andrew.galdes at agix.com.au
Thu Aug 23 14:15:54 UTC 2012

Not sure on the answer but if you have disks that are sometimes there and
other times not (like backup disks), consider labelling them with "e2label
/dev/sdXY BACKUP" and mount them in "/etc/fstab" that way. By doing that,
your system disks shouldn't change.

Sorry not to answer your question. Good luck.

I hope this helps.

-Andrew Galdes

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev at webmd.net> wrote:

>  Look into udev rules.****