[rhelv6-list] FreeTDS

Tom Rivers tom at riverscomputers.com
Thu Aug 23 17:10:57 UTC 2012

On 8/23/2012 12:17 PM, Tilsley, Jerry M. wrote:
> All I have built a new box, added the repository stated below and followed the configuration examples below but I am still receiving the same error as:
>
> tsql -S 10.1.212.106 -U <username>
> Password:
> locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
> locale charset is "UTF-8"
> using default charset "UTF-8"
> Error 20002 (severity 9):
>          Adaptive Server connection failed
> There was a problem connecting to the server
>
> There is no more detail than this.  Isql and osql fail as well.  Any ideas?

If you're trying to connect to Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft has
released a linux ODBC driver that I have been able to use successfully
on three RHELv6.3 systems:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28160

The instructions are very straightforward and work with a stock load of
RHELv6.3. I used to use FreeTDS on RHELv5 but I stared using the MS
driver and have been satisfied with the results.

--
Tom Rivers
Director of Research and Development