[rhelv6-list] New glibc and kerberos auth breakage?!

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:36:52 UTC 2012

So all of my RHEL6.3 boxes that use kerberos for authentication suffer
breakage after updating glibc. Downgrading glibc* restores them to
expected behavior. With the new glibc installed I have seen both
gssapi-with-mic and password auth fail on ssh connections. Lots of
spewage from pam about not being able to find users or resolve hosts.
pam_succeed_if for instance can no longer find users not local to the
machine.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this with the recent update?

Thanks,
John