[rhelv6-list] Unable to activate SELinux

Simon Reber S.Reber at lcsys.ch
Wed Jun 13 13:34:27 UTC 2012

> Did you check /etc/sysconfig/selinux ????
Files are in place as per definition:

tgl90a-8401 root:/etc/init $ ls -al /etc/sysconfig/selinux
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Jun 13 12:58 /etc/sysconfig/selinux ->
../selinux/config
tgl90a-8401 root:/etc/init $ cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=permissive
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

As you probably have seen with load_policy -I it works.
So I assume that I have somehow a problem with SELinux startup

Cheers,
Si