Re: [rhelv6-list] Changing login display manager

You can select window managers in the "new" gdm. Its just not as obvious how it works.

Type your "username" or click on it if disable_user_list is false and then a "box" appears in the panel that goes along the bottom of the screen. This box has a down arrow that lets you select which session type you want. It defaults to GNOME.

For me all I get is a choice between GNOME or KDE. So I'm not sure how you would add other window managers but the new login screen does allow you to pick a session type. But not until after the loginID has been typed in or selected.There is a box to the left that also lets you pick a language that appears at the same time as the other "box."

Cheers,