[rhelv6-list] Distributed parallel fault-tolerant file systems

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Mon Mar 5 21:11:16 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 09:34 AM, Bohmer, Andre ten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any advise or experience from production systems regarding distributed
> parallel fault-tolerant file systems like Lustre ?
> We would like to offer high performance, redundant storage via nfs and cifs
> from Redhat servers.
>
> At this we've HP's XP9000 Ibrix in use, but performance is not all that
> great.

My test results are nearly 2 years old by now, but at that time we
concluded that, for NFS, the very best performing and low administration
solution was Isilon.

Need more space?  Drop in a storage module and its online in~60
seconds.  Performance starting to lag a bit under load? Drop in a CPU
module and its online in ~60 seconds.

More expensive than any home grown, for sure, but well worth it in my
opinion.

Two years now in a very heavily used environment without an issue.

I'll take two!

Good Luck!