[rhelv6-list] Manual bootstrap steps at first boot

Years ago it was possible to create an interactive init script that prompted on startup.  This isn't the case anymore, unlike on Debian and Ubuntu.

There are two bootstrap steps that I need to need to prompt for at first boot as root.  Since I can't do that at boot, anyone want to offer some recommendations?

I was considering just having root's shell skel files launch the script (then remove itself on success).  Is there a better way?

Thanks,
-darren