[rhelv6-list] kudzu replacement

In redhat 5 I used kudzu to get the video card vendor and from this make configuration decisions e.g.

kudzu -s -p -c video | grep vendorId|cut -d: -f2|sed -e "s/ //g"|head -1

Is there something else that I can run or some place predictable that I can look to get this info ( and other hardware info )
on rhel6?   I know there are apps like lshw that will give me this.  But I was hoping that there was something native I could
use with out having to install apps first.

Thanks.
-MichaelC