Re: [rhelv6-list] Manual bootstrap steps at first boot

On Mar 14, 2012, at 10:02 AM, John Haxby wrote:

On 14 March 2012 16:51, Darren Patterson <darren patterson stanford edu> wrote:

firstboot requires X, which we don't install on our servers.   I am trying to match cli bootstrap functionality with Debian/Ubuntu.

It might have an RPM dependency on X, but it doesn't need an X server.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have a start-up script like firstboot that does what you want, it's not at all difficult to write such a script.

To follow up on this, using python snack in an init script instead of python curses works.
Thanks,
-darren