[rhelv6-list] postgresql-devel archive file no longer included?

Michael Coffman michael.coffman at avagotech.com
Fri Mar 23 16:55:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

The /usr/lib64/libpq.a static library that was delivered in rhel5 as part
of the postgresql-devel package is no longer there on redhat 6.2.   Is
there an alternative to this library, or a way to get it from somewhere
else?  It looks like there are also other packages that no longer contain
static versions of some libraries (based on some google searches I did).
I noticed there are some *static* packages in the optional repo, but
nothing with libpq.a

Running on:
Release:        6.2

Package: postgresql-devel-8.4.9-1.el6_1.1.x86_64

Thanks
-MichaelC