[rhelv6-list] Weird issue with iptables

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Fri Nov 9 22:26:19 UTC 2012

> The two systems I am looking at are at 10.0.2.3 (broken internet access)
> and 10.0.2.6 (internet works fine). Both are Windows machines.
>
> I'm at a loss as to what I've done wrong. Why would some machines get
> incredibly slow responses but others are snappy?

Have you tried running ntop on the firewall?  That might help identify some
network weirdness.  You also might try making hosts file entries for the
working Yahoo! server on the non-working box and see if the problem follows.
Along the same lines, you could switch IP addresses on the Windows machines and
see if the problem follows the IP address or not.  You could also change switch
ports, LAAs or even NICs to try and isolate.  If all else fails, Wireshark is
your friend.

Hope this helps,
Barry