[rhelv6-list] connection problem : work fine thru SSH tunnel, but not directly

vu Pham vu at sivell.com
Tue Apr 23 18:01:46 UTC 2013

I experience connection problem between a client app to a remote app on
this particular RHEL 6.4 server. ( The client  work fine with the remote
app on *other* RHEL servers ). The connection is made just fine, but
when I access the data, the client app quickly hangs up on me after
spitting out some data. Turning off iptables does not help, although I
should not try that because the connection can be made, and I could get
some data.

The connections to this server will work just fine if they are made thru
local port forwarding via SSH.

Initially I wanted to post onto the application forum, but because the
connections work thru the SSH tunnel so I changed my mind and posted
here. I may be wrong, as I often am. If so, I am sorry.

Does anybody experience something similar ?

Thanks,
Vu