[rhelv6-list] ISO downloads hang...

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jul 3 18:47:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Collins, Kevin [Contractor Acquisition
Program] <KCollins at chevron.com> wrote:

>  Curl in Linux

In all cases, the ISO starts to download and then gets up to a couple
> hundred MB (at most) before stoppping progress.

In the case of Firefox, I can pause/resume and the DL will pick up again,
> but usually stops again after less than 100MB… and then fails completely on
> the 4th or 5th pause/resume.

I use Curl with resume.  I haven't had any issues with RH/Portal at all,
and it's always my ISP acting up with infrequent loss-of-signal.  In the
areas where my ISP is better (given I sometimes have multiple residences
near clients), I usually never have to restart, or maybe just once over a
4GiB download, maximum.

--
Bryan J Smith - Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith