[rhelv6-list] console changing input characters to control characters

Wed Mar 20 18:41:18 UTC 2013

It is a KVM, so if the control key was stuck, it would affect
other systems I jump to, but the keyboard is fine on other systems.

I think the key which triggered the problem initially was the Scroll
Lock button.
PrtScn next to it is normally how people wake up the KVM (although
Cntl-Cntl is an option)

When Scroll Lock is pressed on a console, I see
a lot of output scroll by which looks like a dump
or traceback, but the kernel isn't going down.  It might
be a dump of getty.

An alternate PS/2 or USB keyboard plugged into the back
isn't sending anything.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago)