[rhelv6-list] Gnome - KDE Desktop switching in RHEL6

Horst Severini hs at nhn.ou.edu
Tue Feb 11 22:42:51 UTC 2014

Hi again,

quick update: it turns out that the problem I thought I had didn't
actually exist ...  !!! !@#$%^&*

The issue seems to be that only after you enter a username on the GDM
login screen and press Enter -- only THEN does the desktop switcher tool
appear at the bottom of the screen!!! I realized that today when I logged
in to one of the machines I hadn't switched yet.

Is that really necessary to hide this option like that, which made me
waste a week's worth of trying to figure out a problem that doesn't
even exist? Hrmph ... :\

Cheers,

	Horst