[rhelv6-list] sar

Cale Fairchild cfairchild at brocku.ca
Wed Mar 5 12:17:27 UTC 2014

I looked at the systems this morning and it keeps HISTORY + 1 (the
current day) files active so if the preceding month has 28 days it will
not clear the old months logs. Strangely I had one system set to 26 and
one to 27 and it seems that even the server with 27 days was still
wrapping so there might even be something to do with timing around 00:00
that needs an additional extra day of clearance tacked on to it. This
may constitute a bug as it is not mentioned in the man pages as expected
behaviour. The issue about using 28 days I think was just a
misunderstanding of how the program handles the log rotation.

Cale